Reflexology + Food + Lifestyle
What: A special reflexology + food + lifestyle summer workshop to cleanse and declutter body and mind for light + easy living all summer long
Where: Katie's Home (6 min bus ride from Bahnhof - address provided upon registration). Free visitor parking available for those driving.
When: Sunday, 24 July 10 am - 1 pm
Cost: 30 CHF
I'm teaming up with Natural Healing Practitioner, Asja, to offer a special workshop all about daily practices we can incorporate for light and easy living during these casual summer days (and all year long).
Here are the highlights:
- Sipping tasty homemade kombucha, made by Asja and her husband, and sun-brewed rooibos ginger tea (assuming there will be sun leading up to Sunday ;-)
- Discussion of the benefits of reflexology and how we can apply it on ourselves at home (targeting the pressure points in our hands, feet, and ears). There will be plenty of space to spread out on comfortable chairs and the couch so we can practice on ourselves to learn the proper techniques that Asja demonstrates.
- Discussion of naturally "cleansing" food + lifestyle strategies that we can incorporate in our everyday routine for light + easy living.
- Demo of my Quinoa Power Salad - a favorite summer salad that gets me through the warmest days of the year keeping me feeling satisfied and light.
- Handouts + recipes e-mailed to you
- Light lunch
Some personal thoughts on reflexology
If you're like me, you might not be very familiar with reflexology. But I bet you have enjoyed a massage before where the masseuse applied pressure to specific points on the feet, hands, or ears? This is a natural healing technique that has beneficial effects on different organs and systems in the body. And this is also the basis of reflexology. I first experienced the use of pressure points during a Thai massage years ago. I felt so clear headed and calm afterwards, and ever since I've wanted to learn more about what I can do at home (e.g. self-massage!) to target these reflex zones and get similar benefits.
This is exactly what Asja will teach us in the workshop! Keep reading for details.
- Discuss how our bodies have the ability to heal naturally
- Demonstrate how to stimulate the body's self-healing mechanisms in a safe, pleasant, and non-invasive way to address common health problems such as headaches, fatigue, anxiety, digestive upset, PMS, nausea, and more.
- Offer tips on how to easily incorporate reflexology into your and your family's everyday routine
- Share how she keeps her body and mind in balance so it functions optimally
- Provide handouts and maps of reflex points on the body
- (Bonus!) Share an effective ancient technique she uses and teaches to others which energizes the body and mind